Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 8th!!!


Monday June 29th was our 8th anniversary! Its been a great 15 years.. oops I mean 8 it just feels a lot longer (just kidding!). I didn't think we would do much because of the hours Andrew works and it was a Monday. Andrew never takes a day off in the summer...its rare if he does. Andrew called me and said don't make plans for Sunday and you'll need to pack all of us an overnight bag. YEAH! I was so excited and I absolutely love surprises. We got up Sunday morning and left it was about an hour away and we ended up in Gurnee, IL at the hotel Key Lime Cove. Its a resort hotel with an indoor waterpark. We checked in and went straight to the water. It had a pool just for little ones with small slides, a huge hot tub, a wave pool, lazy river, waterslides and a playground with all sorts of water buckets and waterslides that the girls could go down. Once they realized they could go and go on their own that was the end of it. They had a great time going from one slide to another. Andrew mentioned to me that this probably wasn't the way I wanted to spend my anniversary with the kids and all but to me it was perfect! I loved it. We had a great time. I would recommend this place to anyone. We played in the arcade..Andrew and I really liked the Deal or No Deal game. Which by the way I won more tickets than Andrew. We also took the girls to storytime and they got to color and play games. We ended the day with ice cream at the ice cream parlor. So tasty! After we put the girls to bed Andrew introduced me to a new game on facebook which is now my new addiction. Bejeweled Blitz. I cannot stop playing and I'm not that good. Its horrible. He and I played it together for a couple hours and had a lot of fun. Might sound lame but that was probably one of my favorite times of our weekend. Monday morning we woke up, ate breakfast and hit the waterpark until Andrew had to leave for work. It was an awesome anniversary and I'm so thankful that Andrew planned something like that for all of us. After 8 years I love him more than I ever thought I could, I love my kids, and the life he has provided and is providing for our family. I am very lucky to have him in my life, he's a great and thoughtful husband and a fantastic dad. Happy Anniversary Andrew!


















1 comment:

Angie said...

What a fun surprise! Glad you had a good anniversary.