Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


I know this is belated but I still wanted to write about it. Every summer since Andrew has started this job I just know that we won't spend it together, and if he says "I'll try to be home early enough to do something," I don't hold my breath. I know most of you who read my blog understand what I'm talking about. Anyways, this year I wasn't even sure that the girls and I were going to be able to do anything either the weather was horrible. I was a bit bummed because I had found a couple parades in the area but it was raining and I didn't think it was worth trying. We were just hanging out in the apartment when I heard police and fire truck sirens. It was really close and I wondered what in the world was going on. I walked outside and was shocked to see that a parade was going right through our apartment complex, we were able to watch right outside our door. It worked out perfect, I couldn't have been happier. We hung out for most of the day not doing too much. I was really excited when Andrew called and said he was on his way home. We were able to go out to eat and watch the fireworks together!!!!! Even Kami was brave and sat through the whole display. She hates fireworks. Cameron had bribed her, he told her if she was brave and sat through the whole thing he would give her a dollar...it worked. If only I could do that every time I needed her to do something. All in all it turned out to be a great 4th.




Sweet Taya!

Ashley and Taya. The girls were able to enjoy some pops before the fireworks. Thanks Ashley!

Kami took this pic for us.


No comments: