Friday, May 22, 2009

A first for the girls








I had a dentist appointment scheduled before we left for the summer and my mom is the office manager so she scheduled the girls to see if they would let him do anything on them. On the way over I told the girls that the dentist wanted to look at their teeth and count them, thats all they tried to do the last time. Kami wouldn't even let them near her. Kami said that she would try to let them count her teeth this time but if she didn't like it she would tell them to stop. I went first and when it was the girls turn Kami was really brave and let Genna go first. hahaha. Debbie let Kami help her put the bib on genna and let her help get things ready. It was really cute. Then she helped Genna climb onto chair. It was really cute Genna was trying to climb up and Kami helped her by pushing her butt til she basically fell into the chair. Debbie laughed and told my mom that she was going to start helping all the patients that way. Dr Drake came in and gave her a mirror so she could watch and he counted her teeth. He then told her he was going to tickle her teeth with the toothbrush. I was so surprised that she let him clean her teeth. She laid there and let him do whatever he needed to do. I was so happy. Then it was Kamis turn, I thought for sure she'd freak and wouldn't let him do anything, but sure enough he counted her teeth and then she let him clean them. She was a bit apprehensive but she let him finish. I was proud of them. I know its a little weird to be so proud of a teeth cleaning, but some little things are big things to a mom and I was really proud of how brave they were.

No comments: