Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Bit Too Helpful

Tonight while I was doing dishes Zeke woke up and started crying. I asked Genna to go in and talk to him until I could get in there. I was drying my hands and realized that Zekes crying seemed to be getting closer. I started walking out of the kitchen and saw Genna walking down the hallway holding Zeke. I about had a heart attack. It was one of those situations where everything in you wants to freak out but somehow you remain calm in order to keep the situation from becoming worse. I walked over to her and took Zeke out of her arms and told her that I was proud of her for wanting to help but only mommy and daddy can pick up Zeke and carry him around. She was so happy that she had helped me out. Thinking about it I can't help but laugh and be sick to my stomach at the same time. I can only imagine what it looked like her trying to pick him up. I think its cute that she wants to be helpful and was so proud. On the flip side it makes me sick that at any point she could have dropped him. Ugh. Lets just say I'm really happy that as of this Friday we will be back home and Zeke will be in an actual crib so there is no way she'll be able to do that again.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yikes! Glad nothing bad happened. How did she manage to hold his little head? :) Brooklyn always tried to hold Eliza, but then realized how heavy she was and stopped.

trishanna said...

its always an adventure huh!

Unknown said...

Ariana did the same thing when she was only two with Tycee who was only a few weeks at the time, and she was in a basinett!!!! I have no idea how she got her out!! I know what you mean about just needing to laugh, but sick to your stomach at the same time!!